Monday, September 13, 2010

To be honest, I haven't given much thought to weight loss, or anything really. I had been in a bit of a funk that I am finally coming out of now. How do I know I'm coming out of it?

I actually cleaned our built in china cabinet the other day. It has been collecting dust and tools and odd screws and nails since we bought our house in February. It is now happily cleaned and polished and home to most of our board games and photo albums.



The cabinet is nowhere close to being done, as you can tell by the two different wood colors and the lovely wall paper in the back, but I'm just so happy it can actually be used now so everything isn't piling up elsewhere.

One other change is that just this past week, I have had two friends mention that I looked good, like I was losing weight. It's always great to have others notice things like this because too often we get caught up in criticizing ourselves to the point that we don't notice the little positive changes that someone else does.

I can honestly say that part of this is thanks to Fall. I absolutely love living in Michigan come Fall. The cool, crisp air is just perfect for taking long walks, and I have been availing myself of that as much as possible. Last week, I took three separate 4 mile walks just around my neighborhood.

This blog is going to turn into much more than just a weight loss blog, as I want somewhere to record all of my thoughts and what I'm up to. Right now I'm an accidental housewife, and I'm going to make the best of it. So today, my project is to organize my closet. My wonderful husband put up my closet rod and shelf yesterday so I no longer have an excuse for all of my clothes being on the floor or in laundry baskets. :) Pictures to come once I've gotten it cleaned and organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment