Friday, March 11, 2011

Snowball Debt Plan

I just have to share my little victory: I paid off one of my credit cards!

I fully believe in and support Dave Ramsey's Snowball Debt Plan. This article is from his website and goes into more depth about what the Snowball Debt Plan is and how you go about using it. Real quickly, it means listing your debts from smallest amount to largest amount not paying attention to interest rates. You simply then pay the minimum payments each month on every debt, throwing any extra penny you can at the smallest debt. Once that is paid off, you use that extra money to throw at the next smallest debt.

I am definitely the type of person that needs a little victory to keep me on the right track of paying off my debt. I cannot tell you how awesome it feels to pay off a credit card and know that I'm actually making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment