Thursday, August 4, 2011

A for effort!

This week has actually been fairly decent for me. This surprises me because I started a new job recently and I have been overwhelmed by the amount of trainings I have gone to in the past few weeks. This new job also happens to be 3rd shift which means my sleeping pattern is all sorts of messed up.

Part of me also fears that with working nights(thankfully only part time) and sleeping during the day, I will actually become even less active than I am now. It's not really a far fetched fear because the job doesn't require much movement.

All of this said, I go back to my comment that this week has been fairly decent. I went to the gym twice! 33 minute program on the elliptical both times. Also I did a few minutes of weights at home as well as my silly little jog in the house for a few minutes. The best thing about all of this was I actually wanted to do it. None of it was forced, I had the desire to be more active this week so that's a pretty big baby step for me!

This weekend is a family vacation for me so now we have to hope that I don't destroy my little victories for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment