Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Goals

Though my keyboard has been silent, my legs have been moving these past two months. I am proud to say that I am two months fast food free, and have successfully cut my intake of diet pop down to the nights I work third shift only. That means I've gone from drinking 20-30oz of Diet Coke a day to 20-30oz of DC a week!

I am also in the middle of the Couch to 5k program. While I am not completing each week on the first try, I have been consistently exercising 3 times a week for the past 6 and a half weeks. In terms of the program, I am still working on Week 4. Last week I got a nasty cold that took me out of the program for a week. I managed to walk instead, but this week I haven't quite gotten back to jogging again. I fully intend to do the jog on Friday though now that I'm feeling much better and can actually breathe.

Part of me wanted to blog the whole process from Day 1, but another part of me wanted to be that person that hid from the world for about a year and just popped back in next year with a rockin' new bod and play social catch up. Obviously, I'm somewhere in the middle of both extremes.

As of the beginning of February, I weighed 222lbs. I've been having a weekly weigh-in with girls from work along with an accountability e-mail amongst us. That happens on Thursdays so I don't have the most current weigh-in number yet, but I've lost about 8lbs in the past 2 months.

My main goal is not a huge overhaul all at once, because that's where I've always failed in the past. This time, I'm starting small. For me that was cutting out fast food and limiting my pop. I don't drink coffee and I work third shift part time, so I'm still hanging onto my Diet Coke as my caffeine to get me through the night. That may or may not change as I progress. The other (big) little change is I aim for going to the gym 3 times a week. The best way to hold me accountable so far is to do the Couch to 5k program with my friend. The program calls for 3 thirty minute workouts a week. Perfect.

In time, I'll kick it up a few notches, but for right now I'm making these things go from habit to routine before I add anything else onto my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment